Do you want to feel happier, healthier and more productive?
Just like eating well and exercising, sleep is a behaviour that is crucial to your quality of life.
The benefits of good sleep include:
- less stress and improved mood
- higher levels of productivity increased concentration, and memory
- reduction of serious health risks such as cardiovascular diseases
- increased attention and creativity
- improved immunity
What's not to love, am I right?
Healthy sleep strategies/tips for better sleep include:
- Set aside some worry time to write down any issues bothering or concerning you, and then actively decide to leave those worries behind until tomorrow.
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature.
- No screens before bed.
- Include relaxation in your bedtime routine, such as taking a bath or shower, picking up a book to read, or relaxing breathing exercises.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.
- Avoid large meals within 3 hours of bedtime,
- Exercise during the day – vigorous exercise is best, but even light exercise is better than no activity. Exercise at any time of day, but not at the expense of your sleep.
- Expose yourself to sunlight first thing in the morning to regulate circadian rhythms.
- Be consistent with your routine.
- Lastly, include the application of our Magnesium Rescue into your bedtime routine to help you drift off to dreamland and stay there.
Some of these strategies can also be applied to children, and having a routine is key.